Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Runnin from the law

My life is generally excessively uninteresting, so I really didn't think that I would have anything to blog about so soon.  As it is, today was a pretty epic fail.  I woke up super early to consider climbing in Alabama for the day.  Turns out I was just desperate to get out of the house and do something with my life.  We decided not to go.  Back to doing nothing with my life...  but wait,  this was the perfect opportunity to go job searching before a gym session at TBA.  So I prepped up and started backing out of the driveway.  Brain:  remember forgetting wallet in house:  commence driving back up the driveway:  slide car into ditch.  Brain:  recovery mode:  can't get car out:  consider options:  obvious solution:  I can run to TBA!  It really felt like the right choice at the time.  So then I'm running, but I have to run beside the highway.  In the snow.  I really should have stretched.  IT bands flare up, lungs freeze to death, feet freeze to death as well.  I made it about 2 miles.  Sweet!  Only 6 more!!  Then some nice fellow gave me a ride for about another mile.  Back to running.  Didn't make it too far.  Georgia Trooper rolls up on me, lights flashing.  I don't even know how to express this, but he's like "Stop right there boy!  Show me yer hands!"  Oh uhhh.  How does one even react to that?  He continues, "What you runnin from boy?  What you got in the bag!?"  Brain:  overdrive mode:  fail.  I can't say I sounded or looked very convincing when I told him I was just trying to go somewhere with my friends.  So I had to chill in his car (backseat! super cramped) while he checked out my story / ID.  Apparently a stolen car got wrecked like a mile back and I was indeed running the opposite direction.  He felt bad for nearly pulling his gun on me and gave me a ride to TBA!! That was awesome and helpful too.  We talked on the way.  We're pretty much best friends now. 
That's a happy face because it is good to have friends.  The officer is the blue one.  I'm the yellow one.  Made it to TBA on time and had fun:  Score 1.  Couldn't climb anything:  Score back to 0.  Redemption tomorrow!  If i can get my car out.  Check out the live webcam stream:

I have an axe because we don't have a shovel.

Recipe of the Day:
Peanut Butter and Jam Sandwich on Toast
Toast the bread, throw yer stuff on it, cut it in half (if desired).  Enjoy with a glass of milk.  Or water if you can't afford milk.

Climbing update: 
Black and Yellow Problem: 7b flash/second go. Everything I do, I do it big! (get it? like the song?)

2 comments:

  1. Yo! Sweet blog man. You might wanna delete bclev.blogspot.com so people don't get confused if they go there...like I did ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. good call, didn't even know that was there. weird

    ReplyDelete