Monday, January 10, 2011

Ballin on a budget

In an attempt to avoid the troubles of the real world,  I find myself in the Limbo of Rossville, GA.


Apparently we are chillin with Lucifer in this damned snow storm.
  Seems as good a place as any to pass the days.  The proximity to overwhelming amounts of climbing is one benefit of living here.  It may actually be the only benefit, unless you find solace in overwhelming amounts of Dollar Generals.
Big Hearted Smitty's Wedding Reception
I have been living here since early or mid December, primarily climbing and looking for jobs.  While the climbing has been great, I maintain a constant sick feeling about not having a job.  I am currently quite desperate as I don't have sufficient funding to pay next month's rent.  I have not been this broke since the 4th grade.  Regardless, I live am living with Erich and Emily in a granny house, but it's going well.  I climb with Erich sometimes and Emily just works at Earthfare and Greenlife.  She also spends her time eating my cracked pepper deli turkey and brand name frosted mini wheats (instead of frosted mini spooners, which even have a resealable bag for extra freshness and no box for reduced waste).  That aside, we recently had about ten people and three dogs stay at our place for a week.  I felt like I was climbing with the old Boone crew again which was quite motivating.  Everyone had a good trip and some great sends. They also left a lot of their food here when they left!  Super psyched on that.  We got 2 gallons of milk, 26 eggs, 8 packs of ramen, 3 strips of bacon, 1/2 lb of lunch meat, a full bag of mini spooners, a box of fire roasted tomato triscuits, and probably some other stuff too.  I've also been able to climb with Nate and Rami a couple times.  They're both crushing harder than ever, which is pretty cool to see.  Blogging with a desktop sucks.  We just got a half foot of snow so I can't go climbing.  Definitely turning in applications tomorrow.  Hopefully the Ace Hardware job will come through so that I can buy groceries.  Today I slept until lunch so that I could conserve energy and not have to eat as much.  Ramen variations are the meals of choice.

Ramen Variation of the Day:
Protein Packed Pepper Turkey Ramen (rating: OMFrickinFrickinG)
1 pack Chicken Ramen (nissin, not top)
2 eggs
1/8 lb. Cracked Pepper Turkey (thin sliced from walmart) (i have a walmart money card or i wouldn't go there)
3-4 dashes of black pepper
Instructions:  Whisk eggs and add 2 dashes pepper, bring Ramen to a boil and add 1/2 of flavor packet, slowly pour whisked egss over boiling noodles while slowly stirring, tear turkey into smaller pieces and add to noodles, cook noodles as desired, add a couple more dashes of pepper and serve hot.  mmmmm....

I read a book.  A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami.  I'd recommend it.  Windup Bird Chronicles is next.

Climbs that I've done since I've been here:
Tunnel Vision 7a
Sherman Photo Roof 7a+
Grimace 7b
Helicopter Traverse 7b+
Sherman Photo Roof Traverse 7b+
Roughin the Rottweiler 7b+
Bionic Rats 7b+
Tyrone Biggums 7c
Robbing the Tooth Fairy 7c
Burst of Joy 7c
Biggie Shorty 7c+
Seven Eleven 7c+
Deliverance 7c+
JH 7c+

Climbs I want to do soon:
Dragon Man
Dragon Slayer
The Law
The Orb
Golden Harvest
Jah Natty

Some photos that I took:
Emily Pomfrey working the moves on Super Mario Bros. V5

Erich Purpur warming up at LRC

Rami Annab on Southern Slang V11

2 comments:

  1. haha, love the recipe! nice blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks holly, that truly is one of the finer ramen recipes!

    ReplyDelete