Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Drankin on 0,47L

[Sidenote that should have been on previous post:  I got to climb with Holly McMullen yesterday and it was awesome until she exploded her shoulder (again) on black on blue problem (super classic).  I don't know if you know who Holly is, so I will explain.  I'm sure you've all heard of the girl who got her hair caught in a Gri Gri at the red or obed or some other silly route climbing spot.  Yeah, she cried a lot and made some guy hold onto his route for dear life while she struggled through this harrowing moment.  Fail.  Andrew Miller (the Life Champion) was fortunately in the area and saved the day.]  Accurate dramatization:



This is what really happened.  Reverse-loaded gri gri and no harness, belaying from inside a truck...  Tears and climbing holds everywhere.
 Today was a good mental recovery day.  Started things off right when Brent (Emily's boyfriend) came into town with his badass and practical truck.  We were able to get my car out of the ditch after slightly less than considerable effort.  I still haven't tried to move it since we pulled it out.  I'm pretty sure there's still a chance that I could get stuck again.   Either way I traded a block of chalk for a ride to TBA with Purpur.  It was couples day so Purpur and I threw away our pride in order to get the discount.  Holly showed up to test out the shoulder injury as well (wasn't an overwhelming success, but I'm glad she came anyway).  She brought me a powerbar and an orange (pretty much the coolest thing ever)!!  Nate Drolet and I learned of the 20 yellow routes in an hour for a free month's membership to TBA and decided to try.  I got wrecked and felt like crying a little bit.  Fail.  Drolet killed it though, very impressive for sure!  As a recovery tactic, we all went to Tremont Tavern for Free Beer Wednesday.  Yes, that is a real thing.  You get a free decent beer (not natty ice) and you get to take the glass home with you!  I managed to nurse the Terrapin Pumpkin Ale for about an hour and a half and then we left.  Back to Kasia's place for Settlers!  For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of experiencing Settlers, I would recommend buying the original Warcraft for PC, then imagine playing that as a board game without any battles.  There are soldiers, but they don't actually do anything.  You just gather resources until somebody wins.  It may not sound exciting, but I had a great time listening to Black and Yellow and hording sheep.

3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha!! oh my god Brian, I am going to kill you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry, nobody actually reads my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooooo funny! I'm sure homedude holdin on for dear life was probably just sittin at the crux or some lame thing like that...

    ReplyDelete