Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nothin like a good rock climb

Today I woke up to go climbing!  9:00am comes early in Rossville.  Nate and I met up at TBA to head out to Rocktown, while Jimmy, Rami, and folks went out to Lilly Boulders.  I didn't really have an agenda for the day, but Nate was psyched on a couple of things.  We ran into Graham and Haley in the parking lot!  I haven't seen them in quite some time, but they're always great to climb with.  Graham was talking about some line that he chalked up to the left of Brown Hole.  We started by warming up at the simulator area and then moved over to the New Sherriff in Town roof.  Nate and I were psyched to figure out the beta on Litz Roof (7c+), so we got to it.  With plenty of pads and good spots, we soon figured out a sick sequence!  Nate sent after a couple goes, and I got epic all over it.  I decided to take one more go before resting for a while, and started bleeding, but sent!  I felt really good about this one.  Then we moved down to Graham's problem and Nate started working it while I recovered a bit.  Nate dispatched it rather quickly for a possible FA.  We're still unsure about it, so it's just Unknown (7c).  I got on it and figured out the movement after a few goes.  The second move is really cool!  I also got pretty epic on this one and started to bleed on my send go. 

My second flapper!  No bueno...
But I sent so it was all good.  Unfortunately, this pretty much ended my day, so we went to Golden Harvest and Nate tried a bunch of beta before it got horribly cold.  Going to rest now, but getting out again on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment