Sunday, February 13, 2011

Finishin off some old ones

A few years back, I went to LRC and did Cleopatra (7b) but couldn't do Cinderella (7a+).  People don't really get it, but the thing is hard!  This year I did Behind the Eye (7a+) but I've been avoiding Cinderella (still scared of it).  Yesterday I went out there with Carl so that he could finish off Behind the Eye (he'll get it next time).  Some people were on Cinderella and I decided that today was the day to finish off that little area.  I did it second go (but it still felt way hard)!  For a minute I celebrated being done with the boulder and the horde of people that always accumulate there.  Of course, someone had to point out that there was still the Cleopatra-Cinderella Traverse (7c).  I worked out the moves in a couple goes and was able to fire it in a couple more.  The crux was still just doing Cinderella.  I personally had to take 7b+ for that one, but that's just like my opinion, man. 
In keeping with my new system, Carl and I split a 6-pack of Yazoo Hop Project.  This was my second time drinking this beer since I moved here, and it is quite good!
Gen. Info.:  This beer is classified as an India Pale Ale, but it is very unique!  Each batch is brewed using a different blend of spicy and aromatic hops.  They never use the same blend twice!  If you feel the need to know what you're drinking, you can check the bottled on date and go to their blog to try and decode the hop blend. 
The Experience:  This is where the review is going to suck!  We drank these at Carl's house, from the bottle...  So I don't have much to say about the color, smell or how it pours.  I also couldn't take notes and I'm not sure which batch # this was.  Fail.  So, the quick and dirty:  This beer is hoppy!  Even so, it was very well blended and lacked excessive bitterness.  It had a surprisingly smooth finish and very easy drinkability.  So far, this is one of my favorite IPAs.  Price: 8.49 per 6-pack.  Rating: 8.5/10

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the scends! I'm gonna have to look into that Yazoo; I like spicy hop profiles (rather burnt out on the overpopular citrusy hops)- give me spice, herb, earth, wood, and pine, but go easy on the citrus please! Do me a favor and grab me a sixer before you come back for a visit. Later bro!

    ReplyDelete