Monday, February 21, 2011

Crunch time for sendin days

Although the weather has been beautiful lately, it is becoming considerably warmer very quickly.  I am also sad to say that I only have 1 month remaining to climb in Chattanooga.  Now is definitely the time to step up the game and get some sends while I still can.  I have so many on my list that it is difficult to pick only a few.  On the bright side, I have been feeling pretty strong lately and I think I'll be able to tick away several of my projects, as well as many moderate classics.

Today I decided to keep the media devices at home and commit to a solid day of bouldering without the distractions.  Looking back, I kind of wish I had gotten some pics and vids, but thems the brakes.  I went out to Rocktown with Holly and her friend, Allen.  I didn't really have any climbs weighing on my soul, so I just tagged along and got on things that they wanted to do.  This turned out to be a good tactic, as I did many more climbs than usual (5).  After a laughable warm-up session, we went to Bermuda Triangle (7b+) and I was able to flash it!  I definitely feel like I made it as difficult as possible, though.  I managed to cut feet and catch a crimp with 2 fingers, reeling it in to a full crimp as I iron crossed in the air like a fool (lifelong goal: achieved).  Then we rolled over to the Bad boulders.  I was able to flash Little Bad (V5) and Holly made quick work of it as well.  Definitely an amazing climb!  The I tried Big Bad (7a+) and flashed it!  It's also a really cool climb.  Big Bad Right (7b+) took a bit more work to figure out the beta, but with a group effort, I did it as well.  Finally, we headed over to Sherman Roof so that I could try to do Brown Hole (7b+) and finish off that wall.  With some effort and Holly beta input, I sent that one too.  That is about 5x as many climbs as I usually do in a day, so I was really psyched!  On a side note, Allen is a punting champion!  I don't think I've ever seen someone almost send so many problems (multiple times)!  I believe he has the potential to be a strong contender for Punt of the Week.  One more thing, Holly tried Litz Roof (7c+) and almost did one or two moves on it!  (It was actually New Sheriff In Town (V5) but we didn't have the heart to tell her, bless her simple little mind).

I promise to have something to look at on the next post.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! Oh, no BClev it was definitely the V10 I was falling on! YOU KNOW HOW STRONG I AM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I've been continuing my punting ways out west. I don't think I get enough credit, its hard to punt as much as I do

    ReplyDelete