Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Boulderin the backyard

Boone was back in prime condition yesterday, so I couldn't resist getting out to play.  I went out to the Backyard Boulders to climb a little bit with Purpur, Leif, and Shepherd.   I've been to their boulders a few times but never actually got to climb.  Most things were dry, so I got on a couple classics: Evil Monkey (V6) and Quagmire Arete (V4).  There was also a new one: Do The Damn Thing (V4).  I was able to flash all of them, but they all felt about the same difficulty: hard.   Then I convinced Josh to check out Comfort Arete with me.  He gave me the rundown on beta for how Nate and Jimmy did it, then showed me how he had been working it.  I didn't much care for the Jimmy beta due to the tweaky tendon, so Josh and I set to work on his method.  After trying a lot of different ideas, it started to come together.  Finally, we figured out some crazy shiz that ended up working with a nice flow.  It went first go after figuring it out, so I'm not really sure of the grade.  I took V9, but I could agree with V8, especially for the Backyard.  Purp, Tilley, and Josh all have to do that thing and come to a consensus grade.  And congrats to Tilley for doing AHR, that thing is impossible.  And Taylor, massive punt.  He did Black Crack.  And then fell.  Next time for real. 

Promise to have some photos next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment