Saturday, March 19, 2011

Boone Party

I got back into Boone a few days back in order to work as much as possible and rebuild my bank account.  And of course climb some rocks.  I went out to Blowing Rock yesterday to try some moderates that I had never done before.  It was really warm, and difficult to find the motivation to get started.  I warmed up a bit at 5.10 wall and then headed down to Roof of Death with Ben Newton and Zack Silberman.  We gave it a few efforts and then started the send train.  Zack did it, then me, then Ben.  We all got pretty epic on the top, but I think I was the most sketchy.  It felt so greasy!  Then everyone else in Boone showed up, including Sam Dospoy, Nate & Holly, and Charlie Long.  We had enough pads to cover from Roof of Death to Harvester of Sorrows.  We hopped on Raw Terror, and after figuring out some topout beta, ran another train on it.  I feel like both climbs were hard V5's, but I'm sure they feel better in colder weather.  It was seriously hot and we all went through our water very quickly.  Still, that's no reason to stop climbing.  I went ahead and did a repeat of Desperate Bitch and Harvester as well.  All of the lines on this boulder are so good!  Sam styled through Raw Terror after finally committing to the first crux.  Charlie did Bitch (V6), cruising the first section multiple times before finally figuring out the top.  Also, Holly made quick work of Harvester of Sorrows (V4), using the OG beta.  From there, we went over to the 45 wall.  After seeing Zack's beta for Left Start Center 45 (V7), I was able to do it in a go.  Zack was playing on Flagyl, but it was just way too hot to get serious.  Charlie also laid down some crushing on Stonehouse (V5).  We thought he was going to come off the top, but Holly rushed some chalk to him and he was fine.  Seriously hot and greasy yesterday.  Finally, I tried my old nemesis, AHR.  I didn't do it.  I'm as close today as I was four years ago!  I'm not sure I'll ever be able to finish that problem.  Oh well.  It was a good crew and really fun to just hang out with so many people.  We even saw Travis Mathews and Jay Tilley on their way in for the evening temps (still probably 70 degrees).  But, back to work now.  I've gotta make as much money as possible if I'm going to make it to Colorado!
party

No comments:

Post a Comment